Saturday, June 7, 2008

Track meet

Today there was a track meet at the school in Iola. Will was a little reluctant to participate at first, but eventually warmed up to the idea and really enjoyed himself. Jared offered him $4 to run (later rescinded), Will's first brush with being a pampered, overpaid athlete.



He finished third in both the 40-yard dash and the long jump. His time of 10.18 seconds in the 40 was a tad off what the NFL scouts are looking for - in an equipment manager - but Will ran with such joy that it didn't matter what his time was.



We didn't get a distance for him in the long jump, but I thought I heard it was over three feet. He employed three distinctly different styles: a triple jump, a straight long jump (his longest effort), and a run-straight-through-it style.





I'll post some photos tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are priceless, nick and I were dying. Our little track star already! Soon with some fast shoes we will take 1st place:) thanks for the thank you and the cute picture. Talk to you soon!