Sunday afternoon, as we were hanging out in the air conditioning on a hot late summer day, Will was having a fun time playing with Charlie. All of a sudden he looks up and says "I can't believe how much I love Charlie and Mommy! I can believe how much I love Daddy ..."
He then went on to elaborate and clarify how he loved Mommy and Charlie more than Daddy.
Ouch.
Interestingly, after his nap he was all about Daddy, telling Jana how we were going to make a fire, offering to help me with the dishes, shooing Jana and Charlie out of the house for a walk, then giving me a big hug while we were looking at the stars.
It was like he knew he had hurt me a little and was trying to make up for it. Last week he said something similar near bedtime, then spent the morning trying to be like Daddy, packing my lunch and one just like mine for himself.
Recovering quickly from saying something wrong without directly addressing it -- he's training to be a husband already!
2 comments:
Ben is already doing that to Jim - except for the making up part. Maybe the guilt comes with age though.
You've got some great stories on here. I love the one about the black man with big muscles!! :)
In case you couldn't figure it out, I wrote that last comment. Just forgot to add my name at the bottom. Oops.
Molle
Post a Comment