Saturday, November 8, 2008

Rasslin'

Will has been challenging me to wrestling matches a lot lately, feeling like his muscles are getting pretty darn big and ready to put a whuppin' on his old man. The other night I suggested that, like Andy and I did when we were younger, we adopt fake wrestling names to make things more interesting.

OK, Will said, he would be Muscle Man. (To drive the point home he went shirtless). I put on the pumpkin beanie Charlie had on in the Halloween pictures below and called myself The Great Pumpkin.

After several rounds of me dominating my 4-year-old son, Will declared "Daddy, your name makes you too strong, so you need to change your name." So I went with a moniker that used to bedevil my brother: Mr. Sock. When that made my hands too warm, I went with Bandito.

Will's other names: Band Man, Jumping Man, and Speeding Man. Those worked out better for him.

No comments: